If you love chocolate, brownies are the gold standard. But let’s face it, they’re messy, you have to carry a whole tray around and cutting them up is annoying. Delicious… but flawed. We at BOLT took it upon ourselves to solve this age-old problem, and present to you our fudgy, chewy and transportable Sea Salted Brownie Cookies!
You can use whatever chocolate you like to make this cookie; our favorite version uses dark cocoa powder and high-quality semisweet chocolate chips, but you do you. Now, let your butter get to room temperature and start baking!
BOLT’s Salted Brownie Cookies:
Makes 20 Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter at room temp
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- First, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth (about 1 minute). Once smooth, add the granulated and brown sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. With the mixer on high speed, beat in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed
- With the mixer on low, slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Once combined into a thick dough, turn the mixer to high speed and beat in the milk.
- Fold in your chocolate chips with a spatula or spoon
- Cover the cookies and chill for at least 2 hours. It is necessary, we promise. You’re welcome to neglect this, but please don’t get mad at us when your cookies look like pancakes
- When you are ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350°F let your cookie dough sit at room temp for at least 10 minutes. This will make the cookie dough easier to scoop and roll
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- Scoop and roll your dough into balls. Place on the baking sheets, leaving room for the dough to spread. Before baking, sprinkle with flakey sea salt
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will look soft in the centers, but it is okay. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the sheet. Let your delicious cookies fully cool on a cooling rack, plate, cutting board, or eat them all before they have a chance. You deserve it!
Did you like this recipe? There is plenty more where that came from! Check out our whole catalog of recipes here.