Banana bread is one of the easiest and most delicious baked goods. It’s perfect for getting rid of over ripe bananas without wasting them. Also, it’s really just a cake that is acceptable to eat in the mornings which is something we can all use. This is a great recipe for bakers with even the most basic kitchen, as all you need is a fork, wooden spoon, large bowl and a loaf pan. The batter for this cake comes together in less than 10 minutes and then you can throw it in the oven and forget about it (for 45 minutes)!
BOLT’s Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 3-4 overripe bananas
- 3/4 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork in a large bowl
- Pour the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in with the bananas and mix with a wooden spoon or whisk until everything is combined
- If you are adding chocolate chips stir them in once the batter is combined
- Grease your loaf pan with cooking spray or butter and flour. Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, depending on how you like it. Once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean your loaf is ready, but you can continue to bake for a few more minutes if you want it to be less like cake and more like bread.
- Once removing from the oven, let the loaf cool before cutting into it to get clean slices. Enjoy!
Looking for your next baking endeavor? Click here to view our full catalog of BOLT recipes!