As quarantine drags on, it is normal to be missing close connection with your friends and family. Virtual group calls are nice, but it can be difficult to have a real conversation with everyone making noise. Well, I have great news for you! Netflix Party is a platform that allows you to watch Netflix at the same time as all your friends. The Chrome extension is completely free and allows you to watch anything on Netflix simultaneously with other people. No more trying to press play at the same time! There is even a chat box feature so you can talk without disrupting the show. Keep reading to learn how to throw or attend a Netflix Party!
- You must be on a computer or laptop to have a Netflix Party. It will unfortunately not work on a TV.
- Netflix Party works through a Chrome browser extension, so you must be using Chrome for it to work. If you do not already have Chrome installed on your computer you can download it here.
- To download the Netflix Party extension, which will allow you to host and attend parties, click here. Everyone who wants to attend the party will have to download this extension, so make sure to tell your friends! Once it is downloaded a red “NP” button will appear next to your address bar in your browser.
- Go to Netflix and choose a show to watch. Start playing the video.
- Click on the red “NP” button and click “start party”. Share the party’s URL with your friends so they can join!
- If you have been invited to a Netflix Party via URL, click on the URL which will send you to Netflix. Then, click the red “NP” button and you should automatically be added to the party.
- And voila, you have successfully thrown (or attended) a virtual movie night!
You can host a party with up to 50 guests! Check out their website here for answers to more frequently asked questions or help with troubleshooting. We hope this gave you some ideas for how to beat the quarantine boredom and stay connected with your friends. Have a great time!