Welcome to the first installation of BOLT’s Basic Baking, where we will post easy recipes for some baking staples. These aren’t full desserts, but instead are easy, homemade recipes to give your desserts some pizzaz.
First up, Hot Fudge. While this classic needs no introduction, here are some of its best qualities:
- A fudgy, warm addition to already delicious ice cream
- Impress your family and friends when you say “I made homemade hot fudge”
- It is super easy to make!
With just a few ingredients you too can have delicious homemade hot fudge in less than 30 minutes!
Makes 1 ½ cups
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use less sugar if using sweetened cocoa powder)
- ½ cup heavy cream, half and half, or whole milk
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, and milk/cream in a saucepan until no clumps remain
- Heat the saucepan on the stove over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and bring the mixture to a boil
- When the mixture starts to boil stir in the butter and continue to boil until the sauce thickens, which will take about 5 minutes
- Once thick, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt
- Let the hot fudge cool for 5 minutes before serving over ice cream or refrigerate to use later. To reheat, microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until warm. You can refrigerate the fudge for up to 2 weeks!
If you like this recipe, check out our full collection, or follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with our latest recipes!