The job interview is an important step in your job search because it is your best chance to show the company and the hiring manager that you are the best candidate. To help you get that job, we have compiled some tips for job interviews, as well as some advice for answering the most frequently asked questions that successful job seekers ask BOLT recruiters.
Best Tips for Job Interviews
- You will never have a second chance to make a good first impression during a job interview. Here is what you should do to prepare for an upcoming job interview: Review your resume and prepare to answer questions about your previous work experience.
Be honest about qualifications and be flexible about the type of work preferred. After each job interview, take the time to send a thank-you note or email message sharing your appreciation for the time the interviewer spent with you and reiterating your interest in the job. If there was something you wish you had said during the interview but did not get a chance, this is a good opportunity to bring it up.
- Read and review the job description.
Pay attention to the job description very thoroughly and be sure to align your skills required for the job. Be prepared to explain your experience & how it relates to the position you are seeking. Also, be clear with your recruiter on the call about what you are looking to achieve from taking this position, and how this position fits with your experience and career goals.
- Interview Setup
In today’s digital world, many companies choose to conduct first-round interviews over the phone. Telephone interviews can be challenging, since you are not physically in the room with your interviewer, and in some cases, you must work even harder to stand out.
- Take phone interviews seriously. Dress as you would for any other interview and sit at a desk or table.
- As with phone calls, video interviews can be tricky – the good news is that, at least during a video interview, the hiring manager can see you.
- Investigate the company.
Companies and organizations seek to hire people with values like their company culture. Researching the company before job interviews will give you an idea of their future goals and plans, being able to discuss these points will make you feel like a long-term investment.
- Great questions to ask in your job interview
Develop a list of questions you want to ask the interviewer. Read our section below on some of the best interview questions.
- What type of skills is the team missing that you’re looking to fill with a new hire?
- Can I answer any final questions for you?
- What does success look like in this position, and how do you measure it?
- I read X about your CEO in Business Insider. Can you tell me more about this?
That was a lot of information but do not be nervous! The call with the recruiter feels more like someone trying to assist you to obtain employment rather than an interviewer testing your interview skills. Here at BOLT Staffing, our main goal is to help good people find good jobs. If you need help creating or updating your resume do not hesitate to call our office at (707) 939-2800! One of our recruiters will be ready to take your call and give you the help you need to land the job!
Looking for work? Click here to apply with BOLT Staffing!