Banana bread is one of the easiest and most delicious baked goods. It’s perfect for getting rid of over ripe bananas without wasting them. Also, it’s really just a cake that is acceptable to eat in the mornings which is something we can all use. There are very few steps to this recipe and the only equipment you will need is a fork, wooden spoon or whisk, a large bowl and a loaf pan. This cake comes together in less than 10 minutes and then you can throw it in the oven!
Makes one loaf of banana bread
- 3-4 overripe bananas
- 3/4 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork in a large bowl
- Pour the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in with the bananas and mix with a wooden spoon or whisk until everything is combined
- If you are adding chocolate chips stir them in once the batter is combined
- Grease your loaf pan with cooking spray or butter and flour. Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour, depending on how you like it. The longer you bake it the more like bread (and less like cake) it will be. You can check to make sure it is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean (without batter on it) it is done
- Let the loaf cool before cutting into to get clean slices of bread.
- Congratulations, you just made a delicious loaf of banana bread!